Hmm, something went wrong in Play Games…
In the past I had a problem with Google Play Games after a new update, it refused to show me my achievements, I could unlock achievements while I played games but when I went in Google play games to see what achievements I had and what I still needed to get, I was presented with an error that said “Hmm, something went wrong in Play Games”. I also noticed that this error affected some games where you would tap the achievements icon in-game and it would sign you out of Play Games for that particular game.
If you have come across any issues with Google Play games with this particular error (“Hmm, something went wrong in Play Games”) you can follow the steps below and it should fix the problem, the steps below basically clears out all the data stored in Google Play services, getting rid of any corrupt data that may be causing the issue.
Hmm, something went wrong in Play Games error on Android Marshmallow
- Firstly you’ll need to get into your devices settings menu, if you’re not sure how to do that checkout this tutorial How To Access The Android Settings Menu
- Next you’ll see the settings menu, tap on the apps button. This will allow you to view and manage the apps installed on your device.
- You should now see a list of all the apps installed on your device, scroll down till you find an app called Google Play Services, once you find it tap on it to open the settings menu for that app.
- Now you will have a page with different options that you can modify for the Google Play Services app, we’ll need to tap on storage.
- There should now be a page with some information about how much storage the app is using, along with two buttons, you’ll need to tap the button that’s labelled “Manage Space”
- You will be taken to a page called “Google Play services storage” here you will need to tap on the button labelled “Clear all data” once you’ve cleared the data close Google Play Games and reopen it and the problem should be fixed.
Now you can continue to game on without that pesky “Hmm, something went wrong in Play Games” error.